Work for South Coast Humane
We're looking for hard working people who love a fast paced environment and have a passion for helping animals. Apply today by downloading and completing our employment application, then drop by the shelter to meet our team.
We are currently accepting applications for Kennel Technician (Part Time)
The Kennel Technician is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the shelter are kept in a sanitary and orderly fashion on a daily basis.
Essential Job Functions
• Cleaning and maintaining interior cat & dog kennels, and outside dog areas, per documented procedures.
• Scooping poop from all kennels, as required.
• Feeding all animals, per documented procedures.
• Providing water for all animals, as needed.
• Moving animals safely around shelter.
• Walking dogs, as needed.
• Administering medications to animals both orally and topically, as needed.
• Hold and restrain animals for medical examination.
• Transporting animals to vet clinics.
• Monitor animal health and behavior and report any changes to Executive Director.
• Ensuring all bedding and towels are fresh and laundered on a daily basis.
• Monitor stock levels of all supplies and notify Executive Director when to re-order.
• Interaction with the general public for showing animals to potential adopters, answering phone calls and taking messages.
• Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Valid driver's license with driving privileges in Oregon & California.
• Experience in an animal shelter or similar facility is preferred.
• Comfortable with all sizes and breeds of dogs and cats.
• Ability to utilize effective problem solving and decision making skills.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds - reasonable accommodations will be made for greater weights.
• Animal shelter environment.
• Part-time (mornings), must be available to work weekends and holidays.